For more than 10 years, we have completed projects in the development of mountain and ski resorts and are therefore in a position to deliver professional services to the highest standards and monitor your project accordingly.
1. Select a category
- All categories
- Site Evaluation and Feasibility Studies
- Climate Studies and Simulations
- Masterplanning of Ski Area Projects
- Economic Feasibility Studies and Financial Planning
- Market Analysis and Visitor Forecasts
- Marketing and Communications
- Operations and Management Consulting, External Controlling
- Geospatial Analytics (GIS)
2. Select a project to display the details
Master Plan Mitterdorf ski center
Client: Zweckverband Wintersportzentrum Mitterfirmiansreut-Philippsreut
The ski center Mitterdorf in the district of Freyung-Grafenau is one of the largest ski resorts in the Bavarian Forest. Together with the engineering firm Klenkhart & Partner ZT Consulting, Montenius Consult develops a master plan for a sustainable development of the ski center, which has enormous significance for the regional tourism industry.
In addition to the question of securing and possible expansion of the winter sports business, the question arises as to whether summer facilities will be able to operate at the 1139 meter high Almberg. As the village of Mitterfirmiansreut, which is located directly on the slopes, is one of the coldest places in the Federal Republic with 216 frosty days a year, there is still a very good prospect for snow sports in the medium term. The master plan was finalized and presented in August 2020.
In the meantime, the project has progressed further. In a next step, Montenius Consult has prepared the economic feasibility calculations for the project and the decision-making committees entrusted with it.